Look out Hendrix

My son has had an obsession with getting an electric guitar for quite a while now. What (pre)teen boy doesn't these days. They all want to be rock stars. At first I ignored him when he asked me about the possibility of getting one. But after 2 months of him walking around the house playing this mini child sized acoustic guitar that he got when he was about 5, I started thinking that maybe he was truly interested. I've been looking around for inexpensive starter sets with both guitar and amp, and finally found what I was looking for at Guitar Center. Unfortunately for him, they finally restocked the set yesterday, and he left for spring break today. So, I couldn't let a perfectly good electric guitar sit around untouched. I took it out and started playing with it a little bit, using Guitar Guru as my guide. I'm practicing "More than a Feeling" by Boston. I've just got down the first 7 notes...and my fingers are killing me. I guess I want to be a rock star too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let It Snow