Abbr.

I'm in the middle of one of my all night tests for work. Those of us involved in the testing are communicating with our in-house chat system. Sometimes peoples abbreviations when chatting online seem silly to me. Sometimes for "thanks", which is already a short word, people put "tnks". It reads to me like "tanks". I always want to respond with "grenades" but I know they wont have a clue what I'm talking about. And maybe you don't either. Oh well it makes me laugh, and thats really whats important. Another one that bothers me is when they respond to a question I might have with "yes" but they only type "y". I read that as "why". So I'll respond with a reason. Which confuses them. One of my favorites, and its very common, is "brb" which we all know is "be right back" At first glance I always think they've typed "burp" and I'll want to respond with "excuse you". But I dont. They wouldn't have a clue what I was talking about. Maybe I shouldn't share these types of thoughts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let It Snow