I'm Counting on It

I would like to propose a change to the English language. This change is in the area of our numbering system and would make it more consistent. I would like to start first with the words "First, Second and Third". I think it would make more sense if they become "Oneth, Twoth, Threeth". This would cause them to then fall in line with those that follow, "Fourth, Fifth, Sixth" and so on.

Next I would like to move on to our numbering system, specifically the numbers 10-19. I think they should be changed as follows:


CurrentlyNew
TenOnety
ElevenOnety-one
TwelveOnety-two
ThirteenOnety-three
FourteenOnety-four
FifteenOnety-five
SixteenOnety-six
SeventeenOnety-seven
EighteenOnety-eight
NineteenOnety-nine

I think if we start with these changes, we can make the English language much easier to learn and friendlier to our foreign friends. Can I count on you? Come on, who's with me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let It Snow