Shut Up!

I'm at my parents house for the weekend. It's 2:30 in the morning and I can't sleep because of the constant barking of the dog two houses away. After lying in bed for about 30 minutes and it not shutting up, I finally got up to see who's dog it was. Ok, two houses to the south...so now what? My first thought was to walk down there and bang on their front door and start my whining. But not being from around here, being in a pair of boxer shorts and an old t-shirt, not having shaved in 2 days, and having bed head, all lead me to believe that is a poor choice. So, I thought I would get the address and call my friends at the local police department. So I thought, how do I get the house number. Once again, I could take a stroll down the street in the middle of the night. Dont really want to because of the previously mentioned reasons, plus opening the front door would probably wake up some of the others in the house. So I headed to the internet. I'm here...now what. I know how the find the information for something like that at home...but not here. I do it through my county assessors web site. This is a different county. So I gave up on that. So instead I thought I would whine about the whole ordeal to you, the poor fool that happens to be reading my website.

In the time I was lying in bed listening to Cujos constant barking I started thinking about the two times we were on the guilty end of this same stick. There were two instances where the police were called because of our dog barking. Neither were in the middle of the night thankfully, I would have felt terrible about such a thing. But both times I feel like I was fairly innocent. And both times were just days within moving to a new house. The first time was in the house we lived in previously, and I think we were falsely accused because we had been sitting in the living room the whole time, and never heard the dog barking. Our dog wasn't even much of a barker. But when a cop is at your door, you just want him to leave so you say "Yes sir, sorry sir, we will fix this as quickly as possible sir. Have a nice evening sir. Sir you have some donut on your shirt". The second time, well, our dog was guilty, but it was in the middle of the day, and there were workers in our back yard putting up the fence at our new house. Our dog was chained up and yeah, she was barking at them. And any moron that had just looked out the window could have seen that.

Oh well, I haven't heard the barking in about 30 minutes now. I'm hoping its because the dog is really not barking, and not just because the room where this computer I'm on is far enough away from the backyard that I just can't hear it. I guess I'll go back to bed and give this sleeping thing another shot. Woof.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let It Snow